Technicolor Vegetable Saute
This medley of sauteed veggies is a delicious and healthy side dish to any main course.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots (2" pieces), scrubbed
- 1 1/3 cup pattypan squash, ends removed, cut to wedges
- 1 2/3 cup green beans, cut to 2 1/2" and blanched
- 1 cup olives, whole
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups red beets, steamed, peeled and 1"diced
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium. Add carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add squash and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in green beans, olives, thyme, garlic and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Toss with butter and sprinkle with beets.
Calories from Fat 78 (21%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 58g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.