Texas-Style Egg & Potato Skillet
Smoked cheddar, bacon, and pico de gallo make for a skillet breakfast that packs a wallop of flavor.
- 4 thick slices turkey bacon (4 oz.), chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, diced (1/2-inch)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 6 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8-inch), warmed, optional
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown. Pour off drippings. Add potato; cook and stir until potato is tender and browned and bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Stir in pico de gallo; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortillas, if desired.
Calories from Fat 169 (45%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.