Thai Beef Wok 'n Roll-Ups
This simple meal will satisfy any craving for sweet and spicy Thai food.
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- 3 Tbs teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 medium to large green or red leaf lettuce leaves
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine beef strips and 2 tablespoons teriyaki marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 of beef to same skillet or wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return beef to skillet. Add peanut butter, green onions, bell pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon teriyaki marinade; cook and stir until beef and vegetables are evenly coated and heated through. Season with black pepper and salt, as desired. Spoon beef mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves and roll up.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cooked whole wheat spaghetti tossed with sesame oil and sliced green onions.
Calories from Fat 112 (41%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.