Tomato & Avocado Egg Salad
Serve as a sandwich filling on crusty rolls or to fill hollowed-out tomatoes.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 bunch spinach or lettuce leaves
- Dressing2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Reserve and refrigerate 6 center slices from eggs for garnish. Chop remaining eggs.
- Combine chopped eggs, avocados, tomato, onion and parsley in large bowl; toss gently to mix. Add dressing; stir gently just until ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Serve on spinach leaves, garnished with reserved egg slices.
Calories from Fat 149 (68%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.