Tropical Pork Kabobs
Grilling intensifies the flavor of fruit in this colorful break from the ordinary that's perfect for your next gathering.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 wooden skewers, (soak in water before using), or metal skewers
- 1 15 oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges
- In a small saucepan, mix together the marmalade, orange juice, honey and cinnamon. Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles gently. Divide pork cubes into 4 equal parts and thread on 4 skewers. Fill remaining 4 kabobs with pineapple, bananas, and mandarin oranges. Place fruit kabobs on large plate and coat with glaze. Spoon remaining glaze over pork kabobs. Grill or broil pork about 4 inches from heat source for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with fruit kabobs.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: Teens can get the kabobs ready for the grill and the younger chefs can help fix the salad and breadsticks to complete the meal.
Calories from Fat 38 (10%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 65g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.