Tuscan Pork and Bean Salad
Simple pork chops get transformed into a beautiful Mediterranean salad that gives a whole new meaning to "pork and beans."
- 2 cooked pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (use leftovers)
- 1 10 oz package Mediterranean greens, (such as escarole, endive, radicchio)
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz jar pimiento strips
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In shallow serving bowl toss together all ingredients, except for the Parmesan cheese, with dressing. Portion onto individual serving plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve this entree salad with wedges of fresh focaccia bread.
Calories from Fat 59 (23%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(74%)Dietary Fiber 18g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.