Tuscany Rice And Bean Soup
Make this quick meal-in-itself soup any night of the week. Italian sausage gives it a hearty taste.
- 8 oz Italian sausage
- 3 16-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can Great Northern beans, undrained
- Brown sausage in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and beans. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
Calories from Fat 93 (38%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.