Vegan Coconut Cream Pie Shake
Coconut craving? Sit back enjoying coconut cream pie through a straw.
- 1 piece fresh or frozen coconut meat, 2-inchs square by 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 ripe, frozen banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs graham cracker crumbs (vegan)
- 1 Tbs toasted coconut flakes
- agave nectar, sweeten to taste (optional)
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Combine coconut meat, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, banana, vanilla, agave nectar (optional), graham cracker crumbs, and ice cubes in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Top with soy- or dairy-based whip cream, sprinkle with additional graham crackers, and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
Nutrition Note: Whip cream is not included in the nutrition facts.
Calories from Fat 266 (68%)
(46%)Total Fat 30g
(131%)Saturated Fat 26g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.