Vegetable Medley Chicken Noodle Soup
Warm and savory, this soup hits the spot on a cold winter's day. You can substitute bow tie pasta for the egg noodles in this recipe.
- 1 lb boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tbs chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 oz egg noodles, cholesterol free, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, saute chicken pieces in oil over medium heat until pinkness is gone and chicken is opaque.
- Add onion, red pepper, and garlic to chicken, saute about 2 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and frozen vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes uncovered until noodles are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Note: Prepare bay leaves for cooking by breaking them in half and placing them in a tea ball. Toss the tea ball into the soup pot. You can easily find the tea ball when it's time to remove the bay leaves.
Calories from Fat 46 (16%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(30%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.