Warm Broccoli Mushroom Salad
Broccoli, bacon, and mushrooms tossed in a balsamic reduction-perfect on a bed of fresh greens.
- 4 cups broccoli flourettes, fresh or frozen
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbs raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, (about 2 1/2 cups) sliced
- In a medium saucepan bring 1-inch water to a boil. Add broccoli; return water to a boil; reduce heat, simmer covered until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat cook bacon until nearly crisp and most of the fat is rendered out, about 4 minutes. Add onion, cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is crisp-tender and the bacon is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook and stir until vinegar is reduced by half, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, salt and reserved broccoli; toss to coat. Serve immediately while slightly warm.
Calories from Fat 79 (67%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.