Warm Moroccan Potato Lamb Salad
A hearty spiced-potato salad to bring along for your next picnic.
- 3/4 lb cooked boneless lamb leg, cubed
- 1 lb small, new potatoes
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Boil potatoes until tender; cube and keep warm.
- In large skillet, heat oil and cook eggplant, bell peppers, onion, garlic, and bay leaf until crisp yet still tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Add lemon juice, cubed potatoes, cooked lamb, parsley, pepper, turmeric, and paprika; toss gently.
- Serve warm with sliced tomatoes, if desired.
Calories from Fat 90 (39%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.