Warm Wheat Berry Pilaf
Simple to prepare and loaded with nutrients, this pilaf makes a delicious side dish or light main course.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries
- 1 cup olives, wedged
- 1 Tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and asparagus, season with salt and pepper to taste and continue cooking over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until golden and tender, stirring occasionally. Mix in garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and toss with wheat berries, olives, sherry vinegar and thyme. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
Calories from Fat 13 (5%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.