Whole Roasted Barramundi with Black & White Truffle
A thinly sliced black truffle makes whole roasted fish an impressive meal.
- 1 small whole barramundi, scaled and gutted (1 - 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 medium black truffle, sliced thin
- 1 Tbs white truffle oil
- 1 Tbs of sea salt
- 1 pinch of fresh, ground pepper
- 1 whole, roasted yellow tomato
- 1/2 cup saffron basmati rice
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 1 small bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 small bunch of fresh oregano
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot, rough chopped
- For Roasted BarramundiPre-heat oven to 400 F. Remove head from fish, clean and pat dry. Cut 6-7 small incisions in thickest part of fish. Stuff incisions with truffle slices and fresh, whole oregano leaves.
- Generously season the fish with salt and pepper inside and out and rub with white truffle oil. Fill fish cavity with rosemary and oregano.
- Roast in 400 F oven 10-12 minutes, or until done (should be flakey and delicate).
- Drizzle truffle vinaigrette (recipe below) around fish on plate. Serve with whole roasted tomato, saffron rice and roasted Japanese eggplant.
- For Truffle VinaigrettePuree olive oil, 3 slices of black truffle, shallot, and vinegar in blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 144 (47%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.