Zesty Italian Pork Chops with Cannellini Salad
Cannellini beans, white kidney beans, are full of fiber and they also give this dish a lovely appearance.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 3/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs Kalamata olives, chopped and pitted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- whole basil leaves, to garnish
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, if desired. Heat 1/4 cup dressing in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chopps and cook 8-10 minutes total, turning, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F.
- While chops are cooking, combine remaining ingredients along with rest of dressing in medium bowl; mix well. Place equal amounts of salad on four plates. Add chops on plates alongside bean salad. Garnish with basil leaves.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: For marinated pork chops, put pork in a self-sealing bag with marinade in the refrigerator first thing in the morning. By suppertime, pork chops can be removed from marinade and ready to grill.
Calories from Fat 233 (58%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.