PURE HIGH-DH HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN
Hydrolysis is the natural intestinal process of breaking down whole proteins found in food and supplements into smaller proteins, called peptides (Micro Peptides ™), and amino acids.
DH is the Degree of Hydrolysis, which indicates the extent to which the protein has been broken down. Higher DH means more rapid and complete absorption.* In order to be absorbed, protein must be hydrolyzed down to amino acids or to the smallest peptides, called di and tripeptides.
Whole proteins, including whey isolates, concentrates, caseins, soy and blends are large proteins and naturally contain little or no Micro Peptides™, and no di and tripeptides. Proto Whey® is 100% Micro Peptides™, of which, up to 40% are di and tripeptides. *
TARGETED PROTEIN DELIVERY™
The di and tripeptides in Proto Whey® target the PEPT-1 transporter which transports over 8,400 different di and tripeptides. Whole protein digestion relies heavily on amino acids transporters which are far more specific and transport only a fraction of what PEPT-1 transporters do.
The speed and efficiency of the PEPT-1 transport system allows for faster delivery of protein throughout the body and bypasses other systems that can limit the delivery of amino acids.
Di and tripeptides carry metabolic information not present in amino acids, High-DH proteins deliver protein into the blood primarily as di and tripeptides whereas whole protein digestion often resutls in single amino acids.
MORE PROTO WHEY® ADVANTAGES
- Requires less breakdown and digestive energy than whole proteins
- Contains 10 grams of essential amino acids perserving. EAAs cannot be synthesized by the body and must be supplied by the diet
- Employs DEM™ (digestive energy matrix), a unique combination of SoftPsil® micronized psyllium fiber and MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) to provide digestive energy and help maintain optimum intestinal health
- High-DH reduces allergenicity
- Low glycemic response
- Mixes easily- no blender required
- Industry-leading; rich and creamy taste profile